National Academy School in coorg
National Academy School aims to educate the younger generation, molding them into competent, committed and compassionate citizen of tomorrow. The school provides them with education which helps to develop an integrated personality and disciplined habits, mindedness for knowledge, physical fitness, creativity, self reliance, character building with basic educational human values, while fulfilling the highest ideals of which they are capable.
The National Academy School is co-educational, partially residential school established in 1999, with classes from Kindergarten to 7th Standard annexed with Play Home.
Mrs. Shanthi Achapa administers the institution, who is also the Managing Trustee of the Teeny Weeny trust. She resides in the campus. She is assisted by a team of dedicated staff who carry out the curricular and extra curricular activities of the institution.
The National Academy School is situated amidst lush green fields and coffee estates in Gonikoppal, Coorg District. It is about 1 Km from Gonikoppal town on Pollibetta road.
1. Admissions are open from Pre-school to class VII from February 15 to May 15.
2. The prospectus with application forms are available in the school office.
3. The fee should be paid either in cash or through Demand Draft
4. True copies of the final examination marks cards of the previous class should accompany the application forms.
5. Applicants have to take admission tests in Mathematics, Science and General English based on the syllabus of the previous class.
The Boarding house has separate living, learning, dining and playing areas. Each Bedrooms have two double tier cots with Foam Mattresses. A new boy,'s hostel has been constructed this year to accommodate boy students separately. The rooms are spacious with all facilities with attached toilet and bathroom. It is inclusive of a general reading room. The hostel is situated in a clean atmosphere that children will definitely feel secured and comfortable. There is running hot water (Solar Heating) an cold water for 24 hours. The children can watch T.V. for an hour only on Sundays and week days they can watch educative programmes for half an hour.
Facilities & Good Infrastructure
1. A newly constructed majestic building for students from Class I to VII, with well furnished class rooms, Prayer Hall, Computer Room, Study Hall, Library, Science Labs, Sports room and Recreation room.
2. Well-ventilated and spacious class rooms with individual chairs desks at the top floor, away from all disturbances and distractions to provide a congenial atmosphere for concentration and study.
3. Regular curricular assignments, tests and exams for continuous internal assessment.
4. Remedial guidance for slow learners by the staff members.
5. Training in self-discipline and self help.
6. Stress on leadership training to make them responsible individuals.
7. Emphasis on physical education. A big play ground with a basket ball court and a stadium.
8. Particular attention is paid to the physical development of the students through athletics, games, sports and mass P.T.
9. The indoor games include carom, chess and board games and T.T.
The teaching is taken care of by experienced teachers. The students are provided with individual chairs and tables. We have alternative power supplement during power failure and every child is given individual attention.
We have extra curricular activities for the student's personality development. The activities are as follows:
1. Learning of Vedas
2. Yoga & Meditation
3. Dance & Music
4. Arts & Craft
5. Karate Training
6. Drawing & Painting
7. Sports & Games
8. Basic Computer Training
9. Creative Writing
10. Scouts and Guides Training
The school has a good stack of works in the library. Students are encouraged to read books of all sorts that would help them to grow creatively and imaginatively. Students from I standard to VII Standard are inspired to go to the Library.
There is a good playing area for the children. Children can bring their own In-door and Out-door playing equipments. We have extra training for Basket ball, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Chess etc. from experts trainees.
We have a spacious and airy hall. The children have to use only spoons and forks. The matron will supervise when the children have their meals. Good balanced diet is given to the children.
Care and Cleanliness
As far as possible we try to avoid (English) Allopathic medicines when children fall sick. We believe in herbal treatment for minor ailments. Once in fifteen days we give Brahmi leaves and other herbal leaves as it helps children from falling sick.
Provision for Day Scholars
The day scholar are given milk and snacks at 10.30a.m. They are also provided with lunch at 12.45p.m. and milk and snacks at 3.30p.m. School begins at 9.45a.m and closes at 3.30p.m.
The children have holiday for one month in October. The summer vacation is through April to May. School reopens on 1st week of June. Boarders can go home on the last weekend of every month and once in 15 days parents can come & see their wards.
Athur Village & post
Po B No - 32
Ph: 08274-248748 (Office)